Now that Blanche was safe inside, we began the task of removing everything. Everything. The entire inside had to be removed so that the floors could be replaced. From what we could find, the plywood floors sat between the aluminum outside shell and the frame, hmm. Blogs and forums talked about a ‘frame off ‘ floor replacement which meant that once she was gutted, we would need a way to lift the outside shell off the frame to be able to get the floor out. I found some pictures on Flickr showing this and the frame that was constructed to hold the shell but there was not any written information – also when I have tried to find that again, I can’t. **Note** always, always, always save your links or copy the pictures for future reference. We had no idea how this was going to work but we began to remove everything on the inside.
I love how big and open it felt inside. Before it was a lot like being in an airplane, very small and cramped with cabinets right at eye level. Not my vision of cozy. You can tell that she still had that ‘vintage smell’ by the air-freshener and baking soda on the floor. I am pretty sure that new floors and paint will help that. I really hope to keep this open feel. You can see the bathroom. It tried to clean the shower, even though it doesn’t look like it. I hope to find some paint that will cover up the discoloration and ugly color – that’s going to my Mom’s job. She wants to help but is like me, can’t really do much. For most of the demolition, I have been the retriever of tools and carrier of items.